This punch takes just a few minutes to put together, and it makes a big batch. The salted caramel syrup gives it a nice caramel apple taste. And you can use a sugar-free version of the syrup if you like.
There are many ways to garnish this punch for a party, including ice rings and apple-filled ice cubes. Or just add plenty of ice and chopped apples to the punch bowl or pitchers.
See the tips and variations for more flavor and garnish ideas.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup salted caramel syrup or caramel syrup (Torani, DaVinci, etc.)
- Juice of 2 to 3 lemons, or to taste
- 4 red-skinned apples, diced
- 4 cups Ice cubes or ice ring (see below)
- Caramel ice cream topping or dulce de leche, for garnish
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- In a large stockpot, combine the apple juice, ginger ale, orange juice, caramel syrup, and lemon juice. Taste and adjust, adding more syrup and/or lemon juice, as desired.
- Transfer the mixture to the refrigerator to chill thoroughly.
- Fill the punch bowl and add a ladle for serving or transfer the chilled punch to pitchers.
- Chop the apples and add them to the punch along with ice cubes just before serving, or see the tips below for decorative ice alternatives.
- Put the caramel ice cream topping or dulce de leche in a bowl and lightly dip the rims of serving glasses. Sprinkle with flaky salt.
Tips and Variations
Decorative Ice Cubes
- Dice the apples into 1/4-inch cubes and add them to ice cube trays. Cover with water and freeze. Add the frozen apple ice cubes to the punch just before serving time.
Decorative Ice Ring or Block
- This is a great way to show some creativity, and a large, solid block or ring of ice doesn't melt as quickly as individual ice cubes. If you plan on just one punch bowl over a relatively short period of time, make one ring or round of ice. If you'll be serving over a long period of time and a few batches of punch, make two or three rings.
- Chop the apples and scatter them in a Bundt cake pan, one-piece tube cake pan, or round cake pan. Add water to a depth of 2 to 3 inches. For a little extra color and flavor, use about one-quarter to one-third part cranberry or orange juice with the water.
- Plan to freeze the ice ring(s) for at least 5 to 6 hours.
- For a red glow, replace part of the caramel syrup with grenadine syrup.
- For an adult punch with alcohol, add some rum. Think about how many people will be at the party and how much they might each drink. This punch makes about 26 cups. 2 cups of rum would allow about 1 ounce per cup. 3 cups would allow about 1 shot (1 1/2 ounces) per cup.