This easy chicken is baked to perfection with pineapple chunks and onion soup mix. Use bone-in split chicken breasts in this recipe. serve it with hot cooked rice or noodles. Add steamed broccoli or green beans for a satisfying, tasty dinner.
- 6 split chicken breasts (bone-in)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks in natural juice, undrained
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved, optional
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Recipe Soup Mix
- Set the oven broiler to high, usually 500 degrees
- Line a shallow baking pan with foil, leaving long ends to fold over and encase the chicken later. Arrange the chicken breasts in the pan and brush with the melted butter.
- Broil the chicken for 10 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and then pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Bring the ends of the foil over the chicken and seal the edges with a double fold, encasing the chicken completely.
Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
You Might Also Like: