Sarah Toscano is a writer specializing in smart home and home tech at The Spruce. Her writing has been featured in Entertainment Weekly, Business Insider, People, and more.
- Sarah has been an E-commerce writer since 2020, producing content for publications such as Entertainment Weekly, People, and Travel and Leisure, with a special focus on tech, gaming, pop culture, and streaming content.
- She was previously a Story Production Fellow at Insider Inc., where she also wrote content for the Education and Travel vertical.
- She held various internships in the media industry, specifically at Hearst, Bustle Digital Group, and SLAM.
- She graduated cum laude from Barnard College.
Sarah has been an e-commerce writer since 2020, mainly covering topics related to gaming, home tech, streaming, and pop culture. Prior to embracing her role as an e-commerce writer, she was a Story Production Fellow at Insider Inc. and held various media internships that allowed her to cultivate a well-rounded understanding of pop culture, entertainment, and e-commerce reporting through the lens of sports, beauty, fashion, education, visual culture, and beyond. She’s played video games since she was a child, with some of the first games she ever played being Super Mario Land and Pokémon Sapphire on the Game Boy, and Super Smash Bros. Melee and Gauntlet on the GameCube. Her love of gaming naturally progressed into a love of computers, streaming, smart home gadgets, and all other sorts of tech.
I have two all-time favorite purchases: my Crunchyroll Premium Membership, which I’ve had for over five years, and my Nintendo Switch, which I’ve had for over two years. I use both nearly every day, and they’re my primary forms of entertainment.
Sarah has a Bachelor’s degree from Barnard College. She majored in English (with a concentration in Creative Writing) and American Studies (with a concentration in Media and Pop Culture).
- Amazon Fire TV Cube Review, Entertainment Weekly
- 7 Educational Nintendo Switch Games That Kids Will Love, Parents
- I Need to Work Hard to Stay Organized, so Here's Everything I'm Buying to Make My Life Easier This Year, Real Simple
- 21 awesome anime gifts recommended by a huge fan of Japanese animation, Business Insider
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.