Breakfast burritos are the perfect all-in-one meal on the go! They are full of hearty breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, spicy pepper jack cheese, and hot sauce! They come all wrapped up in a flour tortilla (or corn if you wish!)
I love making a large batch of these and then freezing them. They reheat beautifully and make your mornings super quick and easy! It's way easier to make them in a larger batch than to make just a single serving for breakfast. If you are going to the trouble of making sausage and eggs, you might as well make a bunch at once! Just wrap them up in tin foil if you are going to bake them later or with plastic wrap if you are going to microwave them!
You can use any kind of breakfast sausage, but I like Jimmy Dean the best. It's flavor is delicious and you can find it everywhere! Try whisking up the eggs and then baking them in a casserole dish or cook them as one omelet and then cut them into strips to fill the burritos. This helps you make sure that there is enough egg in each burrito and it's easier to fill them and control than scrambled eggs.
You can choose whatever kind of cheese you want, but a nice pepper jack or Mexican cheese blend tastes delicious and melts really nicely. Choose whatever delicious hot sauce or taco sauce to put on top of your burritos!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheese (Mexican, cheddar, or pepper jack, shredded)
- Optional: Taco sauce or hot sauce
- 6 tortillas (burrito sized)
- Cook the breakfast sausage according to package directions. Make sure it is completely cooked and that there is no pink, about 170 F is appropriate.
- Whisk together the eggs, whole milk, and salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet, scrambling, or just as one omelet.
- Spread out the tortillas onto a baking sheet. Place and equal portion of the sausage and egg on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle an equal amount of shredded cheese on top of each tortilla. Place under the broiler of your oven to melt the cheese. Drizzle each burrito with hot sauce or taco sauce.
- Roll up the burrito and serve!
- If you are going to freeze the burritos skip the broiler step, drizzle the burritos with the hot sauce and roll up the burrito. Wrap each burrito tightly in tin foil. Place in the freezer. When you are ready to eat the burrito, pop it in a 350 F oven for 5-10 minutes or unwrap and microwave for one minute.