Target stores have made their fame and fortune by catering to suburbanites too hip to shop at Walmart. Filled with the designer home decor and backed by powerful marketing, Target home decor has become popular because it offers all types of necessities for the home.
However, finding big savings on home decor and furniture at Target is not an easy thing to do. Target does not cater to the ultra-budget minded shopper.
What you pay for at Target are coolness and convenience, and at the moment, Target is too aware of their success to bother competing with Walmart's bouncy smiley face.
Sure, Target does offer a weekly sale paper and an occasional clearance, but better deals on home decor can often be found elsewhere…unless you know how to shop. There are ways to save big at the red bull’s eye. With these tips, you’ll never shop there again without getting the best discount possible.
How to Save Big Bucks on Target Home Decor
- Look for Target’s red clearance signs, usually found on the aisle end caps closest to the store's interior walls. But watch out! Just because it is marked clearance at Target doesn't mean that it’s a great deal. Compare original and sale prices carefully. Clearance items will be marked with a red price sticker. Also, check the product for rips, dents, and chips because some of it is only on sale because it's defective in some way. (If you're uber-thrifty, you may buy it as-is or be able to fix it.)
- Target changes out many of their home decor and furnishings on a seasonal basis. This is great for shoppers because markdowns happen fairly frequently. Knowing Target’s markdown schedule can help you snag that coveted item before someone else does.
- Target rarely offers store coupons on their home decor items, but it is worth a weekly look.
- Sign up for Target’s weekly email sale paper, but again, watch sale prices carefully. What often appears as a sale may not be significant savings over the regular prices.
- Keep an eye on your local Goodwill store. Target often donates unsold items to Goodwill, which you can then snag at significant savings.
- Check out Target’s online daily deals. As an added bonus, the daily deal always ships for free.
- If you are an avid Target shopper (and a good credit manager), Target’s REDcard will save you 5 percent every time you use it.
- Always check for Catalina coupons that print out at the register with your purchase. And look around the store as other shoppers will discard these at the registers.
- Follow a couponing website, such as Southern Savers, and deal websites like FatWallet. Many of these sites will post news regarding hot Target home promotions and other great deals.