Thanks to Liz for sharing this breakfast casserole recipe. This is a delicious combination, perfect for a busy holiday or weekend morning.
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1 pound sausage, browned, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 each eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon, salt
- pepper to taste
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Heat the oven to 325° F (165° C/Gas 3).
- Cube bread and place evenly in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with sausage and cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper. Pour over the layers in the pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until set. Cut into squares to serve.
- This casserole may also be prepared the night before. Just cover and refrigerate the unbaked casserole. Take it out of the refrigerator about 15 minutes before baking time; bake as directed.
Shared by Liz