This dish is made with the small, flavorful bay scallops. Garlic and olive oil make this a scampi type of dish. Serve the scallops with hot cooked rice or pasta.
Don't overcook the scallops or they will be tough and rubbery. Have all other meal items ready when you add the scallops to the pan.
- Wash scallops and pat dry.
- Put flour in a shallow bowl; roll scallops in flour.
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat; add scallops and cook for 90 seconds minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the minced garlic and continue cooking and turning for about 2 minutes longer.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired and serve with lemon wedges.
- Serve with hot cooked pasta or rice along with sauteed spinach or Swiss chard..
Scallops: Complementary Vegetables, Seasonings, and Flavors
- Browned Butter
- Bread Crumbs
- Onions (also leeks, shallots, green onions)
- White Wine
- Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mornay Sauce
- "I am not a seafood eater, but after making this has made me want to keep on trying seafood. These scallops were served over rice and sprinkled with green onions and lemon. Next time I think we are going to add some white wine to them. Either way, we are going to make them again!" T.M.
- "An easy recipe that tastes fantastic. My husband loved it - I added one extra garlic clove just 'cause I'm a garlic addict! I forgot the parsley on top, but it was still wonderful. I'll be making this one again." Mar
- "Thank you for the simplicity of this recipe. I didn't need a lot of spices — all were on hand. Will be doing this one again. Thank You so very much." Fawn