When your Scrabble rack is filled with vowels, knowing these vowel-heavy words (seven and eight letters long) can help turn your fortune around. All of the seven-letter words include at least five vowels, and the eight-letter words include at least six vowels.
The definition is included in case your opponent challenges you. Included are words you can make by extending them in your current or future plays.
Scrabble Words – Vowel-Heavy – Seven Letters with Five Vowels
- ABOULIA: an absence of decisiveness or willpower. Extend word: ABOULIAS
- ACEQUIA: an irrigation ditch. Extend word: ACEQUIAS
- AECIDIA: plural of aecidium.
- AENEOUS: bronze colored.
- AEOLIAN: a landform shaped by the wind.
- AEONIAN: an alternative spelling of eonian, meaning everlasting.
- AEROBIA: aerobic organisms.
- ALIENEE: a person to whom a property title is transferred. Extend word: ALIENEES
- AMOEBAE: the plural of amoeba, single-celled organisms.
- ANAEMIA: an alternative spelling of anemia. Extend word: ANAEMIAS
- AQUARIA: plural of aquarium, a fish tank.
- AQUEOUS: consisting mostly of water.
- AREOLAE: plural of areola, a space between the veins in a leaf.
- AUREATE: golden in color.
- AUREOLA: the area of glow surrounding a bright object. Extend words: AUREOLAS, AUREOLAE
- AUREOLE: the outermost region of the sun's atmosphere or to surround with a halo. Extend words: AUREOLED, AUREOLES
- AURORAE: plural of aurora, the rising light of morning
- COUTEAU: a knife. Extend word: COUTEAUX
- EPINAOI: plural of epinaos, a rear vestibule.
- EUCAINE: a derivative of cocaine. Extend word: EUCAINES
- EUGENIA: a genus of flowering plants. Extend word: EUGENIAS
- EULOGIA: form of the plural for eulogy, or holy bread, or a blessing. Extend words: EULOGIAE, EULOGIAS
- EUPNOEA: normal breathing. Extend word: EUPNOEAS
- EVACUEE: one who has been evacuated. Extend word: EVACUEES
- EXUVIAE: the skins discarded by various organisms when they molt.
- IPOMOEA: a flowering plant. Extend word: IPOMOEAS
- MIAOUED: a form of past tense for meow.
- NOUVEAU: new, fashionable.
- OOGONIA: plural of oogonium, the female sexual organ of some algae and fungi.
- OUABAIN: a cardiac stimulant. Extend word: OUABAINS
- OUGUIYA: a unit of money in Mauritania. Extend word: OUGUIYAS
- ROULEAU: a roll of coins. Extend words: ROULEAUS, ROULEAUX
- SEQUOIA: a large evergreen tree. Extend word: SEQUOIAS
- TAENIAE: plural of taenia, a tapeworm.
- URAEMIA: alternate of uremia, a build-up of waste products in the blood. Extend word: URAEMIAS
- ZOOECIA: plural of zooecium a sac secreted by an aquatic organism.
Scrabble Words – Vowel-Heavy – Eight Letters with Six Vowels
- ABOIDEAU: a type of dam. Extend words: ABOIDEAUS, ABOIDEAUX
- AUREOLAE: plural of aureola, a halo.
- EPOPOEIA: alternate of epopee, an epic poem. Extend word: EPOPOEIAS
- EULOGIAE: plural of eulogia, holy bread.
NOTE: These words are legal according to the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary, 4th Edition and verified with the Hasbro Merriam-Webster Scrabble Dictionary online in November 2016. They may not be legal if you use a different dictionary. The word list used in tournament games in the United States is known as the Official Tournament and Club Word List, created by the National Scrabble Association.