Scrambled Eggs with Bacon is a special and easy breakfast recipe perfect for brunch too. You often see scrambled eggs served with bacon, but this recipe has tons of flavor because the scrambled eggs are cooked in some of the bacon fat, then the bacon is folded into the eggs along with cheese. The end result is rich, creamy, salty, and smoky with the wonderful crunch from the bacon.
Scrambling eggs isn't difficult, but it does take some practice. To get large fluffy curds of egg, use a heatproof spatula to occasionally scrape the bottom of the skillet as the eggs cook, turning the eggs over to reveal the cooked area and letting uncooked egg flow to the bottom of the pan. When the eggs look set, they are done. Don't overcook them, but if you want to be safe, the temperature of the cooked eggs should be 160°F as measured by an instant-read thermometer.
This recipe can be increased. I have cooked as many as 16 eggs in one pan. It will take longer, but the eggs will be cooked eventually. Watch the pan and don't walk away from the stove. The pan should be scraped often enough so the eggs don't brown on the bottom.
I like to use a nonstick skillet for this recipe just because eggs stick so easily to nonstick surfaces. Make sure you use a heatproof silicone spatula if you use a nonstick skillet so it doesn't scratch.
Serve this recipe with some sweet rolls, muffins, or a coffee cake, and some sweet cold orange juice, hot coffee, and cold milk. A fruit salad is a nice complement, especially if you are serving these eggs for brunch.
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (chopped)
- Cook the bacon until crisp in a large skillet. Drain the bacon on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat out of the skillet but do not wash it.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with cream, salt, and pepper.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and add the butter. Melt butter over medium heat, then add the beaten eggs.
- Cook the eggs over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a heat-proof spatula, scraping to form large curds until the eggs are almost set.
- Stir in the cheese and crumbled bacon. Continue cooking until eggs are just set.
- Garnish with the chive and serve immediately.