Thank you cards are a lovely way to show your gratitude. Whether you are saying thank you for a gift, a kindness or one of the numerous other things that we have to be thankful for, a rubber stamped handmade card is the perfect way to do this. See Making Thank You Cards for more information and tips for making great cards.
Picking the right sentiment for a thank you card can make all the difference!
If you are going to the trouble of creating a thank you card, a few well chosen words can make the card that extra special and add a little personalization. Even the simplest and most basic of rubber stamped cards can be transformed with some well chosen words.
Finding Sentiments for Thank You Cards
There are many suitable 'thank you' sentiments that are perfect for use in a card.
- Thank You Lyrics – a few lines from a favorite song can be a great way to say thank you! Many songs, both new and old, include the words 'thank you' somewhere in their lyrics. Pick a song by a favorite artist or simply look for appropriate words. There are many lyric search websites and these allow you to type in a few words and it will return all the songs that contain these words within the lyrics.
Some websites with lyric finding facilities include:
- Quotations – there are many quotations that are suitable for adding to handmade cards. Our About.com Quotations guide, Simran Khurana, has some interesting ideas for quotations. These include:
- Thank You Card Quote – these are quotes that Simran has particularly identified as being suitable for thank you cards
- More Thank You Quotes
- Poems – poems make a lovely addition to a handmade card and and there are many available with a 'thank you' theme. The sites below have a range of suitable poems for use in handmade thank you cards.
Tips for Using Sentiments in Thank You CardsHere are some tips for using sentiments in thank you cards:
- Sentiments or greetings can also make great inspiration for the design of a card.
- Write or print the sentiment and add it to the card. Rubber stamp around the paper to integrate it into the card design.
- When you find suitable sentiments, make a note of them for future reference. There is nothing quite so frustrating as knowing that you have seen the perfect sentiment, but not remember where!