This fluffy frosting is made with a cooked syrup and egg whites.
Related Recipe: Fluffy White Frosting (Boiled Frosting)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- Combine all ingredients, except vanilla, in the top of a double boiler.
- Beat with electric mixer for a minute, then place the pan over boiling water (make sure the bottom of the pan is not touching the boiling water).
- Continue beating for about 6 minutes, or until the frosting mixture will stand in stiff peaks.
- Remove from the heat and beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.