01 of 05
Free Pattern to Sew a Basketball Pillow - Materials
- 1/3 yard of fabric
- 1 package maxi piping
- Print Out Of Pattern in PDF format
- Large bag of polyester stuffing.
Note: The pattern provided can be enlarged at a copy machine for a full-size basketball. The pattern provided makes a ball that fits nicely in an adult hand.Continue to 2 of 5 below.
02 of 05
Free Pattern to Sew a Basketball Pillow - Cutting and Setting Up
Continue to 3 of 5 below.
- Using the pattern, cut a total of 8 pieces. (Cut four with the fabric folded)
- Lay the cut pieces out as shown in the picture to create four sets.
03 of 05
Free Pattern to Sew a Basketball Pillow - Joining Two Sections
Continue to 4 of 5 below.
- Attach piping to one curved edge of each set of pieces.
- Return the pieces to the previous set up after attaching the piping.
- Join the curved edges by placing the right sides of the fabric together, matching opposite ends of the curved edges to each other.
04 of 05
Free Pattern to Sew a Basketball Pillow - Create Half the Basketball
Continue to 5 of 5 below.
- Set two joined sections next to each other so the seams are in the same direction on both sections.
- Attach piping to one seam that is butted to the second section.
- Join the two sections.
- Repeat for the other two sections to create the second half of the pillow.
05 of 05
Free Pattern to Sew a Basketball Pillow - Finish the Pillow
- Sew piping to the un-sewn edge on one-half section
- Place the halves right sides together, with the pipped seams matching each other.
- Sew the circle, leaving an opening to stuff the pillow.
- Turn right side out.
- Fill the pillow with stuffing.
- Slip stitch the opening closed.