This is a Spanish method for preparing shrimp using a plancha, or flat grill plate. Easy, fast, and delicious, these shrimp can go straight from the grill to the table in 5 minutes.
- 1 pound (450 g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (15 to 30 mL) vegetable oil
1. Peel and de-vein shrimp.
2. In a small bowl combine lemon juice with salt, paprika, and black pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
3. Preheat grill for high heat. Set plancha onto grill grates and allow to heat up. Once pan shows a faint smoke, add shrimp. The cooking process will go quite fast. Cook shrimp, for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side.
4. Remove plancha from grill and place onto wooden cutting board.
Top with chopped cilantro or flat leaf parsley and serve.