This baked shrimp is topped with a buttery bread crumb and Parmesan cheese mixture. Lemon juice and a small amount of dry sherry is added to the topping. To crisp the topping a bit, broil for a few minutes when te shrimp are finished.
Garnish the baked shrimp with fresh chopped parsley and grated, shredded, or shaved Parmesan cheese. Serve the shrimp with lemon wedges.
Depending on the size of the shrimp, it might be done in less time, so check after about 15 to 20 minutes. See Also: Shrimp Counts Per Pound and Serving Sizes
This makes a tasty and easy lunch or dinner dish. Serve the shrimp with rice or serve it on a basic tossed salad or atop spinach or baby kale leaves.
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (cleaned, peeled and deveined*)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 to 1 cup bread crumbs (fine, dry; see tips and variations for homemade)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons sherry (dry)
- Garnish: fresh chopped parsley
- Garnish: grated, shredded, or shaved parmesan cheese
Heat the oven to 325 F.
Butter a shallow 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
Place shrimp in an even layer in a shallow lightly buttered baking dish.
Combine the butter, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, lemon juice, and sherry. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over shrimps.
Bake at in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until shrimps are cooked. Increase the oven setting to broil and broil the shrimp for a minute or two,or just long enough to brown the topping.
*To devein shrimp, peel the shrimp and remove the tails. With a small, sharp knife, cut a shallow slit down the back of a shrimp. Pull the dark vein out or scrape it out with the tip of the knife if it doesn't come out in one piece.
Tips and Variations
- Add 1/2 cup of sliced green onions to the shrimp mixture.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder to the bread crumbs, or use garlic and herb bread crumbs.
- How to Make Toasted Bread Crumbs: Tear 4 slices of bread into small pieces or cut into cubes. If seasoned crumbs are desired, toss the bread pieces with 2 to 3 teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper before baking. Spread the bread out on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 12 to 14 minutes, or until dry and browned. Crush the crumbs or process in a food processor to make fine crumbs.
You Might Also Like