This shrimp scampi recipe is one of our most popular recipes and for good reason -- it's delicious! Whether you make it for a party or a family dinner, this dish will be a hit.
Serve this great tasting scampi as a first course or appetizer or serve with hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta and a salad for a complete meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-large or jumbo shrimp (from 16 to 26 per pound)
- 1/3 cup clarified butter*
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Peel, devein, and rinse shrimp; set aside.
2. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic 1 or 2 minutes or until softened but not browned.
3. Add the shrimp to the garlic, along with the green onions, wine, and lemon juice; cook, stirring, until shrimp are pink and firm, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Do not overcook.
4. Add chopped parsley and salt and pepper before serving.
5. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs if desired.
6. Serves four as a main dish or 8 as a first course.
*How to Clarify Butter - Melt 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter in a saucepan over low heat. Simmer until the top is covered with a foam layer. Once the butter stops bubbling and splattering and there's no new foam, remove the butter from the heat and skim off the foam. To remove the remaining solids, line a metal mesh strainer with cheesecloth and strain the butter into another container.
You Might Also Like