Recipe courtesy of The Shrimp Council. Reprinted with permission.
Edited by Katie Workman.
These stuffed baked potatoes couldn't be easier to make. The shrimp makes for a unique twist on traditional twice baked potatoes. Taking a simple baked potato and piling it high with all kinds of ingredients makes for a fun dinner, and also an excellent way to use up all kinds of leftovers from the fridge. A great way to stretch out a few extra slices of steak, some stir-fry, the last scoopfuls of chili, or even a couple shrimp!
And this is such a fun way to get the kids engaged in helping with making dinner. While you cook up the potatoes let them look around in the refrigerator or pantry and pick and choose different items to fill their potato with. This is a great way to encourage creativity and of course when kids choose their own foods they are much more likely to eat them.
Don't Miss: 10 Ways to Top a Baked Potato
- 1 (12-ounce) container shrimp scampi (frozen, such as SeaPak® Shrimp Scampi)
- 2 large potatoes (use baking potatoes)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (sharp, shredded)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Black pepper to taste
- Garnish: fresh dill
- Rinse the potatoes and prick several times with a fork. Place potatoes in microwave and cook on high for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked (you can also cook them in an oven all the way through). Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out potato flesh into a medium mixing bowl. Set potato skin shells on a baking sheet.
- Saute the shrimp scampi in a large skillet over medium heat for 6-7 minutes (follow package directions). The shrimp should be almost fully cooked. Scoop out the shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour the scampi sauce from the pan into a mixing bowl with the innards of the potatoes. Mash the scampi sauce with the potato. Add the cheese, sour cream and shrimp. Stir to incorporate. Add black pepper to taste.
- Scoop potato and shrimp mixture into the four potato skin shells. Place them on the baking sheet, and bake stuffed potatoes 10 to 15 minutes until thoroughly heated.
You Might Also Like: