This recipe was submitted by Doug, who writes that it made 21 dumplings.
More Chinese Dumplings
More Chinese Recipes
1. Combine all ingredients except for the wrapper, mixing well.
2. Place about a tablespoon of filling on each wrapper, and gather up the sides to form ripples, leaving the center open.
3. Wack the bottom of the dumpling on the counter so that it will stand up.
4. When all the shu mai are filled, steam in a bamboo steamer for about 5-6 minutes, until cooked.
5. Served with sweet and sour sauce or other dipping sauces.
Cooks Notes: The author writes that next time he may add a bit more ginger.
Do you have a favorite Chinese recipe you'd like to share with others? Just submit your recipe using this handy submission form and I will add it to my Recipe File.