This simple cheese grits recipe is flavored with sharp Cheddar cheese and butter. Eggs and a little milk bring the cooked grits and cheese together in this tasty side dish casserole. Serve for breakfast brunch, or as a starch side dish.
- 1 cup grits, stone ground or instant
- 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook grits according to package directions. Stir in the shredded cheese, butter, eggs, and milk; pour into a buttered 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until set.
You Might Also Like
Cheddar Grits with Bacon
Creamy Havarti Grits
Creamy Cheese Garlic Grits