- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, red pepper or poblano pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can chili beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup canned sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and fresh cilantro for garnish
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain and transfer beef to the slow cooker. Add the next 10 ingredients (through jalapeno peppers) to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high, 4-5 hours or low, 6-8 hours.
- Just before serving, taste and add salt and pepper, as needed. If chili appears too watery, remove 1/2 to 1 cup of the liquid, stir in 1 Tbsp. of cornstarch and return it to the slow cooker. Cook until thickened, about 15 minutes.
Serve garnished with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and fresh cilantro.
Chili Con Carne
Easy Chili Recipe
Beef Chili Recipe
Crockpot Chili Recipe
Hot Dog Chili
Turkey Chili Recipe
Vegetarian Chili Recipe
White Chicken Chili