This crockpot turkey and dressing is made with only four ingredients. This recipe is a simple combination of boneless turkey breast and prepared stuffing mix and it's made super easy in the slow cooker.
Feel free to prepare the dressing separately on the stovetop.
- 1 boneless turkey breast, about 3 pounds, completely thawed in the refrigerator
- 1 package stuffing mix, prepared (about 6 to 8 ounces dry mix)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Place the turkey breast in the crockpot or slow cooker with the chicken broth.
- Combine the stuffing mix with 1/2 cup of chicken broth and 2 tablespoons of melted butter; pack on or around the turkey, patting down, but not packing it tight.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce the setting to LOW and cook for about 4 to 6 hours longer, or until turkey is very tender. Or, continue cooking on HIGH for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- If the dressing gets too soggy, remove it and spread in a shallow greased pan. Bake in a 400 F oven for about 30 minutes, or until brown and crusty.
Shared by Liz
- According to the USDA, turkey and other poultry must be cooked to a minimum safe temperature of 165 F. If in doubt, use a reliable instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey breast.
- If you prepare the dressing separately, you can make homemade gravy with the cooking liquids. Strain the liquid into a gravy separator and skim off excess fat. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes while stirring constantly. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the turkey cooking liquids to the saucepan and cook, stirring, until thickened.
You Might Also Like