This delicious shrimp is loaded with crushed garlic and butter, seasoned perfectly with parsley and lemon juice. This dish is prepared and cooked in under 25 minutes!
Serve the shrimp with plain cooked rice or angel hair pasta. Add a side salad or steamed vegetables. Steamed broccoli, buttered pea pods, green beans, or spinach are all good choices.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds extra large to extra jumbo shrimp
- 4 to 6 medium cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Peel the shrimp. To devein, run a small, sharp knife down the back of a shrimp. Pull the dark vein out or scrape it out with the tip of the knife. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold running water and place them on paper towels. Pat with paper towels to dry.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until the butter stops foaming, about 45 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and garlic and saute over medium heat, turning frequently, until the shrimp just turn pink or about 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh chopped parsley, lemon juice, and salt, to taste; stir well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately, with hot cooked pasta or rice and/or a salad.
Tips and Variations
- With Wine: Remove the cooked shrimp with a slotted spoon. Add the lemon juice and salt along with about 3 to 4 tablespoons of dry vermouth or white wine to the skillet and boil for about 20 to 30 seconds to reduce. Add the parsley and serve with the shrimp.
See Also: 20 Great-Tasting Shrimp Recipes