This simple Tri-Tip Steak recipe uses a simple but flavorful marinade, followed by a hot and fast trip over the grill to seal in the flavors. Serve this steak as the main attraction or in salads, sandwiches, and wraps.
- 3 pound/1.4 kg beef tri-tip steaks
- 1/4 cup/60 mL white vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- pinch of salt
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and pour into a resealable bag. Add tri-tip and make sure it is well coated. Using tongs, carefully turn steak over a few times in marinade. Seal bag and let steak marinate for 2-6 hours.
2. Preheat grill for high heat. Remove tri-tip steaks from marinade and discard marinade. Place steaks on a hot grill. Cook for 12-15 minutes, turning a few times during the cooking process to get an even sear.
Remove steaks once they have reached desired doneness.
3. Rest steaks for 5-10 minutes. Make sure to tent with aluminum foil if the rest time is longer than 5 minutes, or you are waiting for other items to come off the grill.
4.Slice tri-tips against the grain in to thin pieces and serve with your favorite sides.