This is a super easy sauce to make, and it is a delicious finishing touch for simple baked, grilled, or broiled fish or poultry.
It is an excellent sauce to use to gussy up plain sauteed turkey cutlets or baked chicken breasts or drizzle it over baked salmon or tuna fillets. I have used it with veal cutlets as well.
The recipe makes enough sauce for about four servings, and it can be scaled up easily for more.
- 2 teaspoon capers
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Drain and rinse the capers. If they are large, chop them coarsely.
2. In a small skillet or saute pan over low heat melt the butter. Add the minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and capers. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking over low heat for about 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the chopped fresh parsley and remove from the heat.
4. Drizzle the warm sauce over cooked fish, chicken, or turkey cutlets, and serve immediately.
Makes about 1/3 cup, enough sauce to drizzle over four tuna steaks, chicken breasts, or salmon fillets.
Tips and Variations
- Saute 1 tablespoon of minced shallots in the butter until they are translucent. Add the minced garlic and continue with the recipe.
- To double the recipe, use 1 1/2 tablespoons of capers, 6 tablespoons of butter, 1 large clove of garlic, 1/4 cup of lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons of lemon zest.
You Might Also Like