This simple oyster bake is flavorful and easy to fix. The oysters are layered with a mixture of mushrooms and green onions, then a topping of cracker crumbs.
Use saltines, oyster crackers, or make the topping with little cheese crackers.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons green onion (finely chopped, including tops)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 24 medium oysters
- 1 cup of cracker crumbs
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-low heat; add all ingredients except oysters and crumbs. Saute slowly for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Arrange the oysters in a single layer in a buttered baking dish. Evenly spread the mushroom and onion mixture over oysters; top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until oysters are cooked.
- Serve immediately.
You Might Also Like