Pecans give these delicious little butter cookies extra texture and flavor. The cookies are rolled in confectioners' sugar after they come out of the oven.
- 8 ounces butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar (plus more for rolling)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 cups pecans (chopped)
- Cream butter and stir in vanilla. Gradually work in 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar and flour. Add chopped pecans and work into the dough. Pinch off dough and roll to form balls about the size of a quarter.
- Place on greased or parchment-lined baking sheets; bake at 300 F for 10 minutes, then increase the heat to 325 F and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Roll the cookies in confectioners' sugar after they've cooled.
You Might Also Like