Oven Roasted Green BeansRoasted green beans are sweet and tender. Once you've learned how to cook fresh green beans this way, you'll never go back to boiling again. The only thing you need to add to these oven-roasted green beans is a little sea salt.
Don't Miss: Fresh Green Beans with Orange Zest and Walnuts
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, such as Maldon
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Using your hands, toss fresh green beans with olive oil to make sure they are evenly coated. Spread out in an even layer on a heavy baking sheet or an enameled cast iron pan, such as the Mario Batali pizza pan (compare prices) (yes - this pizza pan works great for roasting).
- Place on middle rack of oven and roast 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Roast another 10 minutes or until golden brown. Watch carefully to make sure green beans don't burn. They should be well-browned, but not burned.
- Immediately sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Don't Miss: Green Bean Casserole Recipe