This sauteed zucchini recipe is a perfect example of how simply-prepared food can be so tasty.
As with all zucchini recipes, sauteed zucchini tastes best when fresh zucchini is in season. Don't skimp on the salt. Salt brings out the flavor of food, especially in otherwise bland foods, like zucchini.
Don't Miss: Zucchini Recipes You Must Try
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. zucchini, sliced into rounds, about 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings (add more salt and pepper, if necessary).
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cook another 30 seconds or so, just until cheese melts. Remove from heat, and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 106 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 6 g carbohydrate, 682 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein, 7% vitamin A, 46% vitamin C, 9% calcium, 4% iron