Light, refreshing, and an easy party drink for summer, white wine sangria is a fabulous way to entertain in style. While this recipe is very simple, there are many ways that you can adapt it to your personal taste and the fruits of the season.
White wine lovers enjoy the fresh citrus, apple and tropical fruit flavors that are often highlighted by the wine's zippy acidity. The white wine sangria takes those basic components and accents the fruit notes with real fruit additions -- think lemon, lime, and orange or, for the tropical-minded, add mango, pineapple, and kiwi.
Sangrias are easy to make and even easier to drink -- each sangria recipe mix offers a unique taste adventure.
- 1 bottle white wine (750ml)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 oranges, cut into wedges (or may substitute 1 cup of orange juice)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 ounces brandy (optional)
- About 2 cups (1/2 liter) ginger ale or club soda
- Pour the wine into a pitcher.
- Squeeze the juice from the citrus wedges into the wine. Toss in the wedges, removing the seeds if possible.
- Add brandy (if desired) and add the sugar before stirring.
- Chill overnight.
- Add ginger ale or club soda just before serving.
If serving the sangria right away, use chilled white wine and serve over lots of ice.
Make the Sangria Your Own
Almost every aspect of this white wine sangria can be adapted to fit your personal taste, what you have in stock, and the fruits of the season.
Have fun and use this recipe as a foundation to build a completely different sangria for every occasion.
Choose Your Wine. This is a white wine sangria which gives you many options to choose from. A few favorite styles for this recipe include Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Albarino, Gewurztraminer, Viognier and Pinot Gris.
Choose Your Fruit. The citrus fruits included in the recipe are essential to the basic Sangria. However, you can add to the flavor with any of these fruits: diced mango, cubed pineapple, sliced strawberries, peaches, kiwi, fresh blueberries or raspberries.
Choose the best fruits of the season and have fun with different combinations. You should need only 1 or 2 cups of additional fruit in total, and one or two of the larger fruits should be just fine.
Choose Your Soda. Even the soda can be customized to your taste. Club soda produces a clean tasting sparkle while ginger ale is a nice option for a little sweetness. You might even split one of those and add a cup of your favorite citrus-flavored soda.
Add Some Booze. Many Sangria recipes include a small amount of liquor along with the wine, an excellent option that adds flavor. Pour a shot or two of gin, brandy or rum into your sangria but don't add too much or your guests may get a little loopier than they'd like!
More White Wine Sangria Recipes
White wine sangria recipes come in many forms. Find inspiration for your own personal recipes with these exciting sangrias.
- Just Peachy White Wine Sangria - Peach schnapps and fresh peaches take center stage in this easy recipe that also includes a bit of mango.
- Passion Fruit Sangria - Choose a sweet white wine for this tropical Sangria recipe which combines passion fruit with pineapple and kiwi.
- Raspberry Limoncello Sangria - Sweet, tart and oh so delicious. This unique recipe features lemonade and a lemon liqueur with fresh raspberries.
- Silver Sangria - A fantastic gin is featured in this delightful grape and apple sangria and guests love the clean, crisp taste.
- Strawberry Sangria - Mix a little strawberry lemonade along with fresh berries and a Rosé wine and a fabulous Sangria is yours to share.