No bones about it! Children will love these skeleton jokes, at Halloween or any time. Need more laughs? Check out the full collection of Halloween-themed jokes.
Riddle Me This!
- Why do skeletons make bad miners?
- How did the skeleton know that it was going to rain?
- What did the skeleton order at the restaurant?
- What did the skeleton say to the bartender?
- Why wouldn't the skeleton go sky diving?
- How do you make a skeleton laugh?
- Why wasn't the skeleton afraid of the policeman?
- What room can a skeleton not go into?
- What did the skeleton wear on Halloween?
- Why are skeletons always so calm?
- Because they only go six feet under
- He could feel it in his bones.
- Spare ribs
- I'll have a beer and a mop.
- He didn't have the guts for it.
- Tickle his funny bone.
- He knew they couldn't pin anything on him.
- The living room
- A human costume
- Because nothing gets under their skin
You've probably realized that many of these jokes and riddles depend upon puns. Puns, rather than being the lowest form of humor, are actually excellent exercises in flexible thinking. They force us to think of more than one meaning for a word, or to think of multiple words that sound alike. That's great brain training for kids. In addition, learning to recognize humor and respond in kind is an important social skill. So go ahead and share the next set of skeleton puns.
They are pretty funny, no bones about it!
- What do skeletons say before they begin eating?
- Why don't skeletons play music in church?
- What's a skeleton's favorite weapon?
- Where did the skeleton keep his pet bird?
- What do you call a skeleton who uses the door bell?
- What do you call the lie told by a skeleton?
- What do skeletons do on New Year's Eve?
- Why did the skeleton cross the road?
- What did the boss call his incompetent employee?
- What did the skeleton say when he rode his Harley?
The Punny Answers
- Bon appetit!
- Because they have no organs.
- A bow and marrow.
- In his rib cage
- A dead ringer
- A little fib-ula
- Eat, drink and be scary
- To go to the body shop
- A bonehead
- Bone to be wild!
The next set of riddles is designed especially for kids. Want some more laughs?
Riddles About Little Skeletons
- Why did the little skeleton want to quit the football team?
- Why didn't the little skeleton want to get up in the morning?
- Where do teenage skeletons go to class?
- Why didn't the little skeleton want to go to the dance?
- What instrument did the little skeleton want to play?
- Why wouldn't the little skeleton eat the cafeteria food?
- Why did the little skeleton hate the winter?
- Why did the mother keep telling the little skeleton to drink his milk?
- Why did the little skeleton laugh at the joke?
- Why did the little skeleton do extra work?
- Because his heart wasn't in it
- He was a lazy bones.
- High skull
- He had no body to go with.
- The trombone
- He didn't have the stomach for it.
- Because the wind went right through him
- Because milk is good for the bones
- Because he thought it was humerus
- Because he wanted the bone-us points
Did you know that a Midwestern tradition has little trick-or-treaters telling a joke before they can get their treat? Isn't that a great idea?