Leftover roast beef teams up with cooked cabbage for a tasty and budget-friendly meal. It's a delicious and almost hash-like mixture, cooked in a skillet.
This is an excellent way to use leftover roast beef. It's a meal that couldn't be easier to whip up!
- 1 head cabbage, about 1 1/2 pounds
- Dash of Kosher salt
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- Dash of pepper
- Leftover thinly sliced roast beef
- Cut cabbage in chunks; wash and pat dry.
- Chop the cabbage coarsely; transfer to a saucepan and cover with salted water.
- Cook until just tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in skillet; saute the onion and drained cabbage together until tender.
- In another skillet, saute the beef in remaining butter until hot.
- Place meat on a serving platter; top with cabbage mixture then drizzle with meat drippings.