This is a flavorful dish to serve with spaghetti or similar pasta. This makes a tasty everyday meal for the family.
- 1/2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 cup chicken broth (divided)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or more chicken broth)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- Dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces angel hair, linguine or spaghetti (cooked and drained for serving)
- For sauce, saute the chopped onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chicken broth, wine, basil, and parsley. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, Parmesan cheese, and tomato sauce. Continue cooking until the sauce is hot and cheese has melted. Set aside.
- Place the chicken breast halves between sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound until uniform in thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; coat with the flour.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat, cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the pan; cover and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato cream sauce, cover, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes longer, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with hot cooked pasta.
You Might Also Like
Chicken With Tomatoes