The buttery lemon and chive sauce adds flavor to these chicken breasts. This quick and easy skillet chicken uses boneless chicken breast halves and simple seasonings to make a tasty everyday meal.
Serve this chicken with rice, potatoes, or angel hair pasta and a tossed salad.
Add a few tablespoons of dry white wine to the chicken stock if you'd like.
- 4 to 6 chicken breast halves (boneless and without skin)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Dash of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: garlic powder
- For the Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon (about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 scant teaspoon zest)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Sprinkle the chicken breast halves with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the boneless chicken breast halves and cook over medium heat, turning, until both sides are nicely browned.
- Add the chicken stock to the skillet and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes longer, until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt the 6 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan; add the chives, juice and zest, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and a dash of pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken just before serving.
- Add a few tablespoons of dry white wine to the chicken stock if you'd like.
- Add a few lemon slices to the pan along with the chicken stock.
More Chicken Recipes
Skillet Lemon Chicken with Garlic