Skull White Chocolate Fudge Rounds are a quick and easy Halloween candy recipe. In fact, you can make these sweet and spooky fudge skulls entirely in the microwave, no standing and stirring over the stovetop required!
I kept to a simple black and white color scheme, but you can get creative and use other common Halloween colors like purple, orange, or yellow to really make these skulls pop.
- 1 pound white chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup black sprinkles (or sparkling sugar; more as needed)
- 1 cup chocolate candy coating
1. Prepare a 9 x 13-inch pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate chips, condensed milk, and salt.
3. Microwave the bowl on high for 1 minute, then stir with a spatula. If the white chocolate chips are not completely melted, return the bowl to the microwave and heat for another 15-30 seconds, then stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
4. Add the vanilla extract, and stir to mix it in. Scrape the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into a thin, even layer.
5. Let the fudge set at room temperature for 2 hours, or in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until it is firm.
6. Lift it from the pan using the foil as handles, and then use a round cookie cutter to cut it into 2- to 2.5-inch circles. You should get 16-18 rounds from this recipe, depending on the exact size of your cutter.
7. Pour the black sprinkles or black sparkling sugar into a bowl, and roll the edges of each freshly cut fudge circle in the sprinkles. If you wait to roll them until later, the sprinkles won’t stick very well, and you’ll need to brush the sides with a bit of melted white chocolate to make them stick.
8. Melt the chocolate candy coating, then pour the melted coating into a paper cone or plastic baggie. If using a baggie, cut a tiny hole in the corner so the chocolate flows out of the bag. Decorate each fudge round with a skull face.
9. Refrigerate the tray briefly to set the chocolate. For the best taste and texture, allow them to come to room temperature before serving. Store these Skull White Chocolate Fudge Rounds in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.