Sleep Week: The Ultimate Guide to Getting Your Best Sleep Ever
So many of us are in search of a better sleep. If the last few years have taught us anything, it's that creating a soothing, relaxing, and comfortable sleep environment at home should be a top priority. If you're looking to upgrade your nightly routine and invest in high-quality products to get better sleep, we're here to help.
March is National Sleep Awareness Month, so it couldn't be a better time to talk about sleep. In honor of Sleep Awareness Week (March 12-18), we've curated our very best tips and product recommendations to help you create your coziest, most comfortable sleep environment yet.
Day 1: Start With the Right Base
When it comes to sleeping, it's all about the base. It doesn't matter how many pillows or sheet sets you try if your mattress isn't the right one for you. And while mattresses are a big investment, a great one will last you years to come.
- Upgrade to These High-Quality Mattresses for the Best Rest of Your Life
- The Most Comfortable Mattress Pads for a Restful Night's Sleep
- How to Steam Clean a Mattress
- 4 Tell-Tale Signs You Need a New Mattress
Day 2: Select Sheets to Match Your Sleep Style
Now that you have the bases covered, it's time to talk sheets. Your sheets should be soft, comfortable, and keep your temperature regulated. It's a good idea to have different sheets for different times of year, and to wash them the right way to keep them at their best for as long as possible.
- Get Cozy and Comfy with the Best Bed Sheets for All Seasons
- 4 Signs It's Time to Get New Sheets
- How to Keep Sheets on a Bed: 10 Strategies
- Should You Wash New Sheets Before Using Them?
Day 3: Create Cozy Layers
Whether you prefer a puffy, soft comforter that feels like a warm hug, or something a bit lighter, a great comforter will make you never want to get out of bed. But it doesn't stop there—comforters and duvets can also add a lot of style, color, and texture to your bedroom. And if you've ever struggled with a duvet cover before, we've got you covered.
- Our Favorite Fluffy Comforters for a Cloud-Like Every Sleep Style
- Revamp Your Bedding With These Stylish Duvet Covers
- Snuggle Up with a Soft and Warm Throw Blanket
- How to Put on a Duvet Cover or Blanket Cover Sheet
Day 4: Find Your Perfect Pillow
The perfect pillow can make all the difference for your sleep. Whether you're a side sleeper or not, prefer a foam pillow or down, we've got all the information you need to choose the best pillow for you—and recommendations for some of our favorites. Plus, make sure you know how to wash your pillow, so you can keep it clean and in good shape.
- All About Pillow Types and How to Choose One
- The Absolute Best Pillows to Suit Sleepers of All Styles
- How to Wash All Types of Pillows
- 8 Signs You Need New Bed Pillows
Day 5: Stay Cool on Hot Nights
If you're a hot sleeper, then you know the struggle of finding the right sleep products that make you feel comfortable and keep your temperature regulated. But even if you don't tend to run hot, we can all use some help staying cool on hot nights in the heat of the summer. Find out which cooling sheets, light quilts, and humidifiers we recommend and get some tips for keeping your bedroom cool no matter what time of year it is.
- The Top Cooling Sheets That Will Keep You Sweat-Free All Night
- Breathe Easier with the Best Humidifiers We've Ever Tested
- Swap Your Comforter for a Lightweight and Breathable Quilt
- How to Keep Your Bedroom Cool All Year Round
Day 6: Fall Asleep Faster
It's a struggle many of us have gone through at one point in our lives: trying to fall asleep faster. While some people are blessed with a natural ability to fall asleep within minutes, others need a bit more help. From white noise machines to weighted blankets, to tips for decorating a more relaxing bedroom, our tips will help you make a better sleep routine.
- The Most Soothing White Noise Machines for a Peaceful Night
- Create the Ultimate Sleep Cave with the Best Blackout Curtains
- Reduce Anxiety and Insomnia with a Good Weighted Blanket
- 26 Design Ideas for Relaxing, Beautiful Bedrooms
- How to Make an Aromatherapy Sleep Spray
Day 7: Make Mornings Easier
Once you've mastered the art of a better sleep, there's one last thing to do: make waking up in the mornings easier, so you feel refreshed rather than immediately wanting to crawl back into bed. But with the help of these sunrise alarm clocks, a coffee corner, and more, you'll be well on your way to greeting the day with a smile.
- Give Yourself a Gentler Wakeup with These Sunrise Alarm Clocks
- 10 Products for Creating a Cozy Coffee Corner
- Our Editors Can't Sleep Without These 11 Fan-Favorite Products
- 5 Reasons to Make Your Bed Every Day