Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken Wings are the perfect appetizer for tailgating, Superbowl, or a potluck dinner. The sweet and salty glaze is fairly addictive. You can skip the step of broiling the chicken wings before they go into the slow cooker, but this optional step does make the skin have a nicer texture, so if you can spare the extra few minutes, do it.
This recipe is from a publication and website called Get Crocked, which is worth knowing about if you are a fan of the slow cooker (and if you are, you are in robust company!) You should also check out the great slow cooker recipes from the Busy Cooks Expert, Southern Foods Expert, and the Vegetarian Expert, all on about.com. At the bottom of the recipe, see some other slow cooker chicken wing recipes to play with.
Don't Miss: Great Appetizers for the Entertaining
Hot Queso and Corn Dip
- 6 pounds chicken wings (you can use all drummies, or you can use the two larger pieces of the wings, and discard the tips)
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- Garnish: 1/2 cup hoisin sauce (to drizzle)
- Garnish: toasted sesame seeds
- Garnish: green onions
- Place chicken wings on a foil-lined baking sheet. Preheat the broiler.
- Broil the wings for 2 minutes then flip and broil another 2 minutes.
- Place the browned wings in a large oval slow cooker.
- Mix together the soy sauce, orange juice, pineapple juice, honey, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, green onions, ginger and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk constantly until the sauce comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over wings in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- When finished cooking carefully stir the wings in the slow cooker to distribute the sauce. (The wings will be fall off the bone tender.)
- Place on a serving platter and drizzle with hoisin sauce to serve.
Recipe from: GetCrocked.com
Here are a few more recipes that prove you really can't go wrong with chicken...
And here are a few other great recipes for chicken wings in the slow cooker: