This slow-cooker brisket recipe is by no means authentic barbecue, but it will give you a very tender and flavorful brisket. So, if you don't have access to a smoker, then give this brisket recipe a try.
1. Trim any thick pieces of fat off of brisket.
2. Place brisket in a glass baking dish large enough to accommodate the meet and the marinade.
3. Combine all marinade ingredients, except salt, coating the brisket well. Marinate overnight.
4. Season with salt and place brisket and marinade in a crock-pot on low for 9 to 10 hours. Once tender transfer to a cutting board. Skim off any fat on the surface of sauce or pour into a sauce separator in batches and return to slow cooker to keep warm
5. Slice meat into thin strips, across the grain and serve on rolls or buns with de-fatted sauce from the slow cooker. You can also serve this dish with potato salad, coleslaw, or a side of barbecue beans.