This pot roast is a snap to prepare, and the sour cream sauce makes a wonderful gravy. All you have to do is season the roast and chop a few vegetables. The slow cooker does most of the work.
Serve the roast with mashed potatoes or hot cooked noodles.
Slow Cooker Home-Style Pot Roast
- 1 lean chuck roast, boneless, about 4 pounds
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Rub roast with garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the Crockpot and add chopped carrot, celery, and sliced onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- In a bowl combine the sour cream with the flour and white wine.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the pot roast liquids about 15 to 20 minutes before the roast is done. Or remove the roast and keep warm; strain the liquids into a saucepan and add the sour cream mixture. Heat until hot and thickened. Do not boil.
- Serve the with the sour cream sauce and hot cooked noodles.
Joyce recommends doubling the sauce.
You Might Also Like