Short ribs are simply braised in the slow cooker with apple juice, beef broth, and seasonings. Serve the tender short ribs with potatoes and a tossed salad for a delicious family meal.
- Toss short ribs in a food storage bag or paper bag with the flour, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Sear the ribs on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer ribs to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, heat the apple juice and beef broth; pour over the ribs and add chopped onion.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6 hours.
- Add the pearl onions and continue cooking for 2 to 4 hours longer.