This buffalo chicken dip recipe has all the great flavors of Buffalo chicken wings in an easy-snacking dip form. You can use any cooked chicken, whether you cooked it yourself or just grab a rotisserie chicken and take that great shortcut. Just make sure any seasonings are compatible with the flavors in this dip.
For the best flavor, use a cayenne-pepper based hot sauce, such as Frank's, for this dip. Don't worry about this dip being too spicy. Cooking it in the Crockpot tends to mellow out the spices quite a bit. You can serve this with any kind of chips or crackers you like, and it's nice to have some celery sticks or carrots on the side for crunching between bites of this creamy, decadent dip. This is a great dip for a game day party or any entertaining occasion.
Don't Miss: 6 Surefire Hot Dips for the Super Bowl!
- 4 cups shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- ½ to 1 cup hot sauce (such as
- Frank's), depending on how hot you like it
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Place the chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing and celery in the slow cooker, and stir.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes. Place it on top of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle the blue cheese on top of the cream cheese cubes. Cover, and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so, until cheese is melted and dip is warmed through. Important: Unlike most slow cooker recipes that do not require stirring, this dip works best if it is stirred frequently.
- Once the dip is cooked through, keep it in the Crockpot on "warm" or "low" to serve.
What the Kids Can Do:
Cut the cream cheese into cubes, shred the chicken, crumble the blue cheese (though you can definitely buy it already crumbled), measure and mix up the ingredients. They can also pick the dippers for the tip.
Cooking Tip: If you've used a rotisserie chicken for the shredded chicken, don't throw out the bones and skin! Put them in a pot with less-sodium broth to cover, add a few sliced carrots and come roughly chopped onion and simmer for 45 minutes. Strain and you will have a wonderfully rich chicken stock, perfect for soups, stews and other recipes.
Try these other delicious dip recipes, perfect for sharing with family or friends:
Warm Jalapeno Popper Dip
Hot Cheesy Scallion Kale Dip
Hot Corn Queso Dip
Hot, Creamy Spinach and Goat Cheese Dip
Hot Crab and Corn Dip
Tex Mex Dip
Spicy Guacamole (Sriracha-mole)
Creamy Avocado Dip
Edamame Pesto Dip
Cannellini Bean Dip with Lemon and Parmesan