In this easy recipe, boneless chicken breasts are slow cooked to perfection with potatoes and carrots. Onion soup mix and condensed soup make this chicken flavorful and easy. Feel free to add extra sliced onions to the crock pot along with the potatoes.
This is an all-in-one meal, but you may cook the vegetables separately if you prefer.
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 to 6 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 bag baby carrots, or about 1 1/2 cups
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
Place all of the cut-up vegetables in bottom of slow cooker.
Brown chicken breasts in a large skillet in a little oil or cooking spray, if desired.
Place the chicken over vegetables. Cover with the undiluted cream of chicken soup. Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
- The chicken breasts may be replaced with boneless chicken thighs.
- Use a different condensed soup. Cream of chicken with herbs, cream of celery, and cream of mushroom are all good choices.
- Omit the carrots and add frozen mixed vegetables the last hour of cooking time. Or cook the vegetables separately.
- Add a medium sliced onions to the pot along with the potatoes.
You Might Also Like