This easy slow cooker chicken and stuffing is a simple yet flavorful dish. The swiss cheese and stuffing make it a satisfying meal, and condensed soups are used because they hold up so well in the slow cooker. Add sliced ham along with the Swiss cheese for "cordon bleu" flavor.
Sandy notes that some chicken broth can be used to replace part or all of the melted butter in the dish.
Serve the chicken and stuffing with steamed green beans or another vegetable or side dish.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing Mix or Homemade Stuffing Mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter *See Sandy's Notes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; place chicken breasts slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken breasts.
- Put one slice of Swiss cheese on each breast.
- Combine both cans of soup and milk. Cover chicken breasts with soup mixture.
- Sprinkle stuffing mix over all. Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
*Notes: You can also mix the chicken broth with the soup and you get almost the same results. If you pour the broth over the chicken it keeps the chicken moist and tender. I only used 1/2 the amount of butter called for and would use more with another cup of stuffing mix next time.
You Might Also Like