Taco seasoning flavors this easy ground beef and bean chili. Flavor and color make this chili a winning dish! The chili is perfect for game day parties, tailgating, potluck dinners -- you name it!
Browned ground beef and canned beans make it convenient and budget-friendly, and the combination of corn, tomatoes, and taco seasoning mean fabulous flavor.
Crushed tortilla chips make a crunchy, delicious topping for servings, or make your own fried tortilla strips with corn tortillas. See the tips and variations for directions.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope (1 1/4 ounces) taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles (Ro-tel)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili beans in sauce
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup shredded cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, or a Mexican or taco blend of cheeses
- 1 bag of tortilla chips (slightly crushed)
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and chopped onion. Cook, stirring and breaking the ground beef up into smaller chunks until the meat is no longer pink.
Transfer the ground beef and onions to a 3 1/2- to 5-quart crock pot.
Stir in the dry taco seasoning mix, diced tomatoes and tomatoes with green chilies, pinto beans, chili beans in chili sauce, and corn.
Cover the pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Sprinkle each serving with some cheese and tortilla chips or strips.
Makes 8 servings.
Tips and Variations
- Add extra flavor with green or red bell peppers or mild chile peppers.
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes would add a bit more heat to the dish.
- Replace the pinto beans with canned kidney beans (drained, rinsed).
- Replace the ground beef with ground turkey, or use part ground pork or sausage.
You Might Also Like