This is a simple fruit dish to serve for brunch or breakfast along with an egg dish or breakfast casserole. Or top the warm fruit with some lightly sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping and toasted coconut for an easy and tasty dessert.
Feel free to substitute with some other fruits. Add pineapple chunks, mandarin orange slices, or dried prunes.
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 can (15 ounces) dark red cherries
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced pears
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 4 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain all of the canned fruit thoroughly.
- Transfer the drained fruits in the slow cooker. Add the brown sugar, orange juice concentrate, and cinnamon. Stir gently,
- Cover and cook the spiced fruit on LOW for 3 to 5 hours.
- Instead of ground cinnamon, add two 3-inch cinnamon sticks to the slow cooker.