This easy slow cooker round steak recipe is a snap to fix with a jar of spaghetti sauce, Parmesan cheese, and some optional vegetables.
Serve this hearty round steak dish with hot cooked spaghetti or a similar pasta, along with baked garlic bread. Add a tossed salad for a satisfying everyday family dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak or lean tender chuck steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 carrot, julienne cut or shredded, optional
- 1 jar (approx. 15 ounces) chunky garden spaghetti sauce or your favorite
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Cut round steak into 5 or 6 serving-size pieces, or cut it into strips. Sprinkle with salt, oregano, and freshly ground black pepper.
Put the sliced onions in the slow cooker. Arrange the steak pieces over the onions and sprinkle with the carrots, if using. Pour spaghetti sauce over all.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender. Add the Parmesan cheese and cook for about 15 minutes longer.
Serve with hot cooked spaghetti.
Tips and Variations
- Use sirloin tips or a lean chuck steak in the recipe instead of round steak.
- Slice 1 seeded bell pepper — green, red, or yellow — into strips and add it to the pot along with the beef.
- Add 1 sliced summer squash or zucchini to the pot with the spaghetti sauce.
- Add 1 can (14.5 ounces) of diced tomatoes to the sauce along with 3 tablespoons of tomato paste for a thick and chunky sauce.
You Might Also Like