- 1 broiler-fryer,cut up, or about 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dry leaf oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry wine, sherry, chicken broth, or water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of garlic and oregano over the chicken.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat and brown chicken on all sides.
- Transfer chicken to crockpot. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and garlic. Add wine or sherry to the sauté pan and stir to loosen brown bits; pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW (200°) for 7 to 8 hours. Add lemon juice last hour.
- Skim fat from juices and pour to a serving bowl; thicken juices, if desired.
- Serve chicken with juices.
You Might Also Like