These easy pork chops are perfect for a busy day any time of the year. The chops are easy to prepare and take about 5 to 6 hours to cook in the slow cooker.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Brown the chops, turning to brown both sides, about 5 to 7 minutes total.
- Transfer the browned chops to a medium to large slow cooker.
- In a bowl or 2-cup measure, combine the soup mix, broth, and water. Pour over the chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours, or on HIGH for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Transfer the pork chops to a serving plate or platter and keep warm.
- Strain the juices and skim off fat. Put the juices in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened. Stir in the butter until melted.
- Pour the sauce over the chops and serve.