It's hard to beat a pork shoulder for flavor and tenderness, and it's one of my favorite pork cuts.
This dish is made with a boneless pork shoulder, slow cooked to perfection with a tangy mixture of apple jelly and coarsely ground mustard.
- 2 large onions, halved, sliced
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apple jelly
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
Rinse the roast and pat dry; leave it in its net; place on the onions.
Combine remaining ingredients in a cup; pour over the roast.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
Turn to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours longer.
Serves 6 to 8.
You Might Also Like