- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 boneless pot roast, about 4 to 5 pounds
- salt and pepper or a barbecue seasoning blend
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth or water
- 4 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) pinto beans or chili beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onion until softened.
- Rub the roast generously with seasonings and brown on all sides in the skillet.
- Add beef broth or water and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer the roast, onions, and broth to the slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Drain off liquids and add the beans and barbecue sauce; cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours longer.
More Pot Roast Recipes and Related Recipes
Crockpot Mexican Pinto Beans
Southwestern Beef and Pinto Beans
Pinto Bean Chili
Pot Roast With Garlic and Thyme
Tangy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Beer-Braised Pot Roast With Mushrooms
Wine Braised Pot Roast
Sweet and Sour Pot Roast
Tonya's Barbecued Brisket
Country Pot Roast with Gravy
Family Pot Roast with Vegetables
Oven Barbecued Beef
Yankee Pot Roast
Coffee Pot Roast
Pot Roast with Vegetables
Pot Roast with Spices
Pete's Barbecue Beef
Barbecued Pot Roast
Crockpot Beer-Braised Beef