These delicious, melt-in-your-mouth beef short ribs are easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker. Serve the short ribs with mashed potatoes and your choice of a side vegetable or salad.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Put flour, salt, and pepper in a large food storage bag or bowl. Toss the short ribs to coat thoroughly.
- Sear the short ribs on all sides until browned. Put in the slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the short ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Remove the ribs and pour juices into a gravy separator or skim off fat. Discard the fat and pour the juices into a saucepan.
- Put the ribs back in the slow cooker (remove the bones, if desired) and keep warm.
- Simmer the juices on the stovetop for 5 to 6 minutes, until reduced by about a third.
- Serve along with the short ribs.