These delicious boneless short ribs get loads of flavor from red wine and beef broth mixed with packaged gravy mix, and they're so quick and easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker.
- 2 to 3 pounds or boneless short ribs
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grill seasoning for steak or burgers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 envelopes (.75 ounces each) mushroom gravy or brown gravy mix
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen small white onions or pearl onions
In a food storage bag or plate, combine the flour and grill seasoning (or you might substitute a similar seasoning mixture).
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Coat the beef with the flour mixture then brown in the hot oil on all sides.
In a large cup or small bowl, combine the beef broth and gravy mix.
Transfer the beef to a 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker and top with the onions.
Pour the gravy mixture over all. Pour the red wine into the hot pan and scrape up browned bits; pour over the meat mixture.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
Serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite side vegetable.
You Might Also Like